Re: [exim] Using fake names to poison spam databases.

Author: WJCarpenter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Using fake names to poison spam databases.
ce> In order to help thwart future harvesting, you might like to check
ce> out wpoison:

Well, that looks like it has some amusement value, but they sure have
different assumptions about spam harvesters than I do. They think
impacting the quality of the harvested addresses will discourage
spammers in some way. That's pretty funny (especially since wpoison
says they're especially targeting the dumb ones).

I don't know if it's any more effective, but a seemingly more
organized approach to fighting harvesting is here:

http://www.projecthoneypot.org/
--
bill-exim@??? (WJCarpenter)    PGP 0x91865119