Re: [exim] Using fake names to poison spam databases.

Autor: Matt Fretwell
A: exim
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Using fake names to poison spam databases.
Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

> > Three months. Is that all. I work on the assumption that anybody that
> >stupid deserves a permanent ban :)
>
> to you both: what about faked senders? or are you only banning the
> couple email_address/server?

If the sender address appears to tally up to the sending server, then
just the sender address, (spoofed or otherwise). If the sender address
bears no apparent relationship to the sending server, then the server
(hostname|IP).

If repeated attempts come from the same (sender|host) setup, then
anything even remotely connected to them gets blacklisted.

For such moronic tricks, leniency is not my strongest attribute. If
someone cannot get their own house in order, why should one oblige them?

As always, there is always a chance of misclassification, but I won't
lose any sleep over that possibility :)

Matt