Re: [exim] Using fake names to poison spam databases.

Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Using fake names to poison spam databases.
On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 07:29:30AM -0700, Mike Wiebeld wrote:
> I know how to check and reject incoming email and even drop the
> connection if any of those fake addresses are found. But I'd like
> to accept the email, strip out all the addresses except the first
> fake one and then process it. The fake addresses will be routed to
> me and I can check the messages and submit them to spamcop.

If this is really what you want to do, then the way to do it is to set an
acl var, and have a redirect router with a condition based on that acl var
redirecting to the handler address before your other routers.

By doing this, you'll effectively de-dupe the address list and nothing
will get through to the apparently "intended" recipients.

> Has anyone else done this? I can't figure out how to stip the other
> addresses out of the message. Or is it just a waste of time? Thanks
> for any help.

Personally though, if people email my bait addresses, the email address and
host go into a 3 month blacklist.

Cheers

MBM

--