[exim] need piping help for a noob

Author: Justin Frydman
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] need piping help for a noob
Good evening everyone.

this is my first post to this list, so hello!

my problem is i'm not great with exim.conf but i am having piping
problems. I get double/two tickets using Kayako helpdesk and due to
the configuration of my exim.conf provided by direct admin.

or when a script from the system sends out an email from one of the
email aliases i have piped it will also send to that for some reason,
but again I am quite new to this and i'm hoping someone could help me
figure out whats going on.

1st i borrowed a copy of cpanels exim.conf from a friend who uses this
same helpdesk software without issue.
you can see that here: http://www.thinkwebmedia.com/exim.conf.cpanel

and you can compare to the version i am currently running by Direct Admin.

http://www.thinkwebmedia.com/exim.conf.da

if anyone has any clue why:

1) the pipe gets run twice and how to fix that
2) when a script sends from an email address that is listed in the
aliases file (aka sending from a mailing list) it gets piped for some
reason.

I had played around moving things around in exim.conf but i really do
not know what i'm doing and this problem is really bothering me so I
would appreciate any help at all!

Thanks,

Justin