Re: [exim-dev] Summary: exim 4.50 hp-ux 11.23 (ipf) startup …

Author: Michael Haardt
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Summary: exim 4.50 hp-ux 11.23 (ipf) startup problems
> Whereas on the itanium platform (ipf), it results in a binary that
> works but is unable to run as a background daemon ("-bd").
>
> B.11.23 ia64
>    C-ANSI-C              C.06.00        HP C/ANSI C Compiler

> A working solution here is setting CFLAGS to "-Ae -AOe +Onolimit".

What does -AOe do? My compiler does not offer that. -Ae is default here,
so I don't need to specify that. It is useful to enable -z, though,
in order to catch null pointer references. How about that on Itanium?
What happens with +O2 on Itanium?

I hope we can find a set of flags that allows building Exim for both
architectures, old and new compiler. +O3 fails on the old compiler on
HP-PA, so we had to go back to +O2 there, but I doubt you will notice
the difference.

Michael