Re: [exim] blackholes.five-ten-sg.com ??

Author: Marc Sherman
To: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] blackholes.five-ten-sg.com ??
Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

>> I am trying to understand all the points that five-ten-sg.com makes
>> about one (actually two) of my servers' IPs. (I wrote to them, no
>> reply)
>>
>> the blacklist lookup page seems to return a result in contradiction
>> with the DNS A record for my IP.
>>
>> http://www.five-ten-sg.com/blackhole.php?ip=213.92.104.121&Search=Search
>>

> no comments on that?

Ok, I might as well help out, to make up for the tone of my earlier
message. The operator of that blacklist appears to be a bit of a
reactionary nutbar. Take a look at this:
http://www.five-ten-sg.com/sun.telegram.html

He's actually blacklisting a /22 for _telemarketing_ calls originating
from the owner that stopped 3 years ago. I'm not surprised you can't
get yourself off of his list.

I'd contact postmaster at the site that's blocking you and recommend
they stop using that blacklist. It should be easy to compile a
reasonably convincing dossier on why that blacklist is more trouble than
it's worth.

Some links to other hapless victims of this blacklist: