Re: [exim] Ability to detect when a "defer_ok" has been trig…

Author: exim-users
To: eli-list
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Ability to detect when a "defer_ok" has been triggered?
Eli schrieb:

> I would like to be able to tell users via the X-Virus-Scan: header whether a
> message was indeed scanned or not - in the event of the virus scanner
> failing but defer_ok still allowing the message in. From what I can tell,
> this would probably only be possible if there was something like a
> "deferred" variable which would allow something like this:
>
>         warn    message         = X-Virus-Scan: ${if eq {$deferred}{0}
> {YES}{NO}}
>                 !malware        = true/defer_ok

> This would of course be useful in any other case where there's a "defer_ok"
> modifier available so that people can detect the deferring.
>
> ... Or is there another way that currently exists?

Sure. Check the archive:
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20050221/msg00214.html

The given snippet shows how to detect a non-working virus-scanner.
$acl_m9 corresponds to the deferred variable you're looking for. Use the
2 warn statements and then apply your favourite policy based on the
results in $acl_m0 and $acl_m9.

HTH,
Patrick