[exim] The Exim SUID thing

Author: José de Paula Eufrásio Júnior
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] The Exim SUID thing
Hello there,

I'm preparing a presentation to the 6th FISL (International Free
Software Forum) that will be happening here in Brazil from 1 to 4, June.

I'll present Exim as a reliable and scalable way to "take control" of
the email structure. It's a presentation to show and promote Exim.

I understand that there's a chance of qmail and postfix extremists being
present and the talk, and keep heading to the "Exim is insecure because
it's mono-suided-binary".
CERT shows that Exim is, indeed, pretty secure, but I'm searching for
more technical explanations. I know Exim drops it's root privileges in
after the routing (?) phase, but I don't know enough of programming to
understand and discuss the "monolith problem".

So, somebody can help me there? (And any other tip for the presentation
will be fine...) :)

TIA
[]s

- --