Re: [exim] IMAP server recommendations

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Giuliano Gavazzi
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] IMAP server recommendations
Sorry again for replying on list, but blackholes.five-ten-sg.com...

At 3:34 pm -0400 on 2005/04/29, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>[ On Friday, April 29, 2005 at 09:31:03 (+0200), Giuliano Gavazzi wrote: ]
>> Subject: Re: [exim] IMAP server recommendations
>>
>> I know, but until someone tells me how to implement local prefix and
>> suffix in Cyrus, it is impossible to have them with exim/cyrus. To be
>> exact, either that or until exim callout uses the normal routing
>> mechanism..
>
>I'm not sure if Exim can do it the same way as Smail does, but with
>Smail it's really quite easy.
>
>First off you have to make sure you are making Exim authoritative for
>which users exist and which do not (e.g. every user has a normal unix
>account). You might also want a patch I have for Cyrus that

actually when I talk of prefix/suffix I do not mean automatic mailbox
redirection. Also, on some systems Exim might not be completely
authoritative. On MacOSX Server one of the user records is some XML
that states if a user can or cannot receive email, and other mail
account related stuff.
Vanilla Exim does not understand that of course.