Re: [exim] IMAP server recommendations

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: chills, exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [exim] IMAP server recommendations
At 10:14 am +0100 2005/04/28, Chris Hills wrote:
>Martin Hepworth wrote:
>>Dovecot, as long as you don't need shared folders (due in version 1.0).
>
>I'd second that. Dovecot is fast and secure, supporting mbox,
>maildir, and a variety of authentication mechanisms. There are a lot
>of reports of people running 1.0 beta in a production environment; I
>am still happy running 0.99.14.

I had a runaway message duplication problem with dovecot-0.99.13
while transferring a large number of messages from a local mailbox to
the server with Eudora 6.2.x for MacOS. I don't know if that was a
Eudora problem (likely), but that was enough to try out Courier, and
be happy with it. Dovecot is extremely easy to configure, easier than
Courier, that means very easy!