Re: [exim] Set smtp_accept_max per host

Author: Ian FREISLICH
To: exim-users
CC: Doug
Subject: Re: [exim] Set smtp_accept_max per host
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
>
> > Yes, it would be very nice to have smtp_accept_max_per_host expanded.
>
> It is.
>
> > A $host_connection_count expansion variable would be exceedingly nice.
>
> For what? Number of connected hosts? Number of connections from this
> host? Either way, it isn't possible to do, given the way Exim is
> implemented as a number of independent processes.

For the number of connectons from this host at the time time this
processs was spawned. I'd like to be able to have finer control
over the connection limit. I had an understanding bug over the
smtp_accept_max_per_host opition, and that's part af the way to
solving my problem.

Is the connection handler forked or execed?

Say I set:

smtp_accept_max = 130
smtp_accept_max_per_host = $expansion
smtp_accept_reserve = 50

I'd still like to be able to say:

warn  condition=${if >{$host_connection_count}{${eval:$expansion/3}} {yes}{no}}
      control  =queue_only

Ian

--
Ian Freislich