Re: [exim] regex in an ACL

Author: Walt Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] regex in an ACL
On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 12:25:00PM +0100, Tony Finch said:
> The "regex" condition takes one or more regular expressions as arguments and   |
> matches them against the full message (when called in the DATA ACL) or a raw   |
> MIME part (when called in the MIME ACL). The "regex" condition matches         |
> linewise, with a maximum line length of 32K characters. That means you cannot  |
> have multiline matches with the "regex" condition.                             |
> The "mime_regex" condition can be called only in the MIME ACL. It matches up   |
> to 32K of decoded content (the whole content at once, not linewise). If the    |
> part has not been decoded with the "decode" modifier earlier in the ACL, it is |
> decoded automatically when "mime_regex" is executed (using default path and    |
> filename values). If the decoded data is larger than 32K, only the first 32K   |
> characters are checked.                                                        |

This is great info. I didn't know that. (I'm not the OP.)

So if I want to be able to scan for "foo" in both plain text and
base64 mime encoded text, would I need to check in BOTH the DATA and
MIME ACL's:

check_data:
  deny message = Your message contained foo
       regex = foo

check_mime:
  deny message = Your message contained foo
       mime_regex = foo

And what impact would "demime=*" have in check_data for this situation?
Demime is depreciated in 4.5x, correct?