Re: [exim] Exim & PHP

Author: Drav Sloan
To: Andrew Wood
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim & PHP
Andrew Wood wrote:
> Im 99.999% certain its not PHP. The configuration is bog standard
> regardless, you just set the sendmail_path variable and thats it.

Then it's your code in php, or how that code calls 'sendmail'.
Have you tried trussing the php process (following children) from
start to finish? Or truss/strace/ktrace the exim process to see
what is happening? Have you though that the ending <cr><lf<.<cr><lf>
is not being sent and therefore exim is waiting for more input?

> Its
> calling exim as evidenced by looking at the process list, so it would seem
> its an exim issue, something is causing exim to reject the request, but i
> dont know what! it would help if it wrote something to the log

If you haven't yet finished the 'exim call' (you NEED to end the input
stream for exim to process it, if not it just sits paitiently waiting
for your 'input'. I put all my money on the script doing something
wrong, I'd be very suprised if it was exim, and if it does turn out
to be exim then I'd imagine it was something to do with how it was
installed on your box.

[top quoted rubbish snipped]

D.