RE: [exim] greylisting issue

Autor: Carl Inglis
A: Exim-Users \(E-mail\)
Assumpte: RE: [exim] greylisting issue
Mike Zanker wrote:

> May I also recommend Alun Jones' implementation at
>
> http://users.aber.ac.uk/auj/spam/
>
> This works very well out of the box but I have modified it so that it
> immediately whitelists the IP address of any mail server that shows
> signs of queueing. After a few weeks it's almost exclusively spam that
> gets greylisted.

I can second this recommendation. We recently changed domains, and I've
installed greylisting (using Alun Jones' implementation) for the old
domain (which no one should now be using, but we'll keep live for a year
or so). The spam that's getting through is down to zero last night, 2
the night before. That's from over 30 a day (small potatos in the grand
scheme of things, I know).

Carl