Re: [exim] Set smtp_accept_max per host

Author: Dennis Davis
To: Ian FREISLICH
CC: exim-users, Doug
Subject: Re: [exim] Set smtp_accept_max per host
>To: Doug <genesys2001uk@???>
>From: Ian FREISLICH <if@???>
>Subject: Re: [exim] Set smtp_accept_max per host
>Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:44:44 +0200
>Cc: exim-users@???
>
>Doug wrote:
>> Ah sorry, I realise now what I am trying to say.
>>
>> I want to allow my reserve_hosts to have a greater recipients_max
>
>Yes, it would be very nice to have smtp_accept_max_per_host
>expanded. I have the need to limit incoming connections from the
>big bad internet to a one number, our relay (and authenticated)
>clients to another number and a set of internal address space to
>yet a different number.

But you can already do this. What's wrong with:

smtp_accept_max_per_host = \
${lookup{$sender_host_address}lsearch*{ ...

in the main configuration? I use this a *lot* to limit the
connections from hosts that appear to have run a dictionary searches
against my servers. It's quite effective when run with a tarpit as
well.

Use other search methods -- iplsearch, cdb etc -- if appropriate.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101