Re: [exim] Philisophical question: procmail vs sieve/exim fi…

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Philisophical question: procmail vs sieve/exim filters
While in general I'd say stay with what you are comfortable with, I have
finally put onto the wiki the Exim filtering set I use to split out
mailing lists.

This is quite nice as its all regexp based - if I join a new list, it
just picks it up automatically (this would not work as well if you used
a mail client/IMAP server that needs you to subscribe to folders as then
the magically appearing new folder might not be noticed. With my
configuration using dovecot IMAP and evolution the folders just appear
in the list of folders, and the global vfolder for new mail picks it up
too).

The filter sample is at
http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/MailFilteringTips

    Nigel.