Re: [exim] problem with procmail (or spamc)

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: 'Exim-users'
Assumpte: Re: [exim] problem with procmail (or spamc)
Ferenc Engard wrote:

> I suspect that if more than one mail needs to be checked by spamd, spamc
> (or procmail? or exim?) timeouts, and my (unchecked) mail goes to my
> mailbox.

I one thing times out, it's probably spamc. Or the connection is even
refused, since spamd has no more children left. I didn't check this, though.

> How can I check what causes this? And what can I do to force all mail to
> be checked?

1. Beginning with 4.50, you can setup exim so that it puts every mail
through spamassassin, but that won't solve your problem.
You could limit exim to process only one message a time, but fetchmail
could stumble over that, so mail delivery may be handicapped.

2. I let fetchmail itself start spamc, so mails are fetched and scanned
one after another:

defaults
mda "spamc -U /var/run/spamd/socket -x -e /usr/bin/maildrop -d %T"
is "jh" here

As you can see, I use maildrop, but you can also use procmail.