Re: [exim] Re: simple email spoofing prevention

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: simple email spoofing prevention
On 2005-04-16 Ron Gorodetzky <ron@???> wrote:
[...]
>> allow_list_mailing:
>>      accept hosts = 127.0.0.1:@

>>      accept authenticated = *
>>             condition = ${if eq{$authenticated_id}\
>>                         {usernameofadminuserinSMTPAUTH}{yes}{no}}

> Am I correct in thinking that if I wanted to make a file of valid
> authenticated users I could do something similar conceptually to the
> server_secret line below?

$authenticated_id contains the username used for SMTP authentication,
so you'd need to adapt the "condition = ..." statement, not the
server_secret line, e.g.
condition = ${lookup {$authenticated_id} lsearch{somefile}{yes}{no}}

>>      #deny otherwise
>>      deny message = not autorized to mail to announce-onle list

> Why did you comment out the "deny otherwise" line? If a message isn't
> accepted is it assumed to be denied?

[...]

"deny otherwise" is just a comment, the real statement is "deny message ..."
which returns deny _AND_ sets up a custom error message.

              cu andreas

fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"
                                           http://downhill.aus.cc/