Re: [exim] Receiving mail from outblaze and others times out…

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Receiving mail from outblaze and others times out after initial 220
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:25:36 +0200, Andrew Nimmo
<andrew.nimmo+exim.org@???> wrote:
>connecting to mxfailover.krwdigital.com (mx1) from an adsl host (nat,
>no firewall), returns a 220 with no delay
>
>connecting to mxfailover.krwdigital.com (mx1) from an adsl host (nat,
>cisco adsl router firewall, most ports blocked), returns a 220 with 30s
>delay

So you're blocking RFC1413 ident requests. Be nice to your neighbors
and cleanly reject them, or return a TCP RST.

Hm. Are you suggesting that the outblaze servers behave strange
because of the 30 seconds delay imposed by them dropping the ident
request?

>connecting to mail.krwdigital.com (mx2) from an adsl host (nat, no
>firewall), returns a 220 with no delay
>
>connecting to mail.krwdigital.com (mx2) from an adsl host (nat, cisco
>adsl router firewall, most ports blocked) gives no 220

Not at all? Not even after 30 Minutes?

>would it be possible to check the exim configs for both servers?

I will try to ask the original poster for both of the servers.

Greetings
Marc