Re: [exim] Exim acl issue - removing additional recpient add…

Autor: Brian Candler
A: Bjurstrom, Eric
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org', 'Edgar Lovecraft'
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim acl issue - removing additional recpient addresse s
On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 04:46:36PM -0400, Bjurstrom, Eric wrote:
> A little more background on the issue so you understand what I am aiming at:
> We have addresses that go back to a ticketing system. In order to cut down
> on multiple identical tickets being opened because people are sending to
> more than one ticket mail address, I have been asked that for the "address1"
> ticket address, I eliminate all other email addresses other than "address1"
> if it is present.
>
> This means that I can not defer as they will just resend the same data later
> and open the identical ticket anyways. When I say "removing additional
> recipient addresses", I mean dropping them completely, discard style.

But is there any guarantee that the submitter will send the two messages in
the same SMTP connection, and as one transaction with two RCPT TO commands?
Certain well-known older MTAs might not be able to do that.

Perhaps a better way of dealing with duplicates is to pass your received
message through procmail, configured to keep track of the most recently seen
procmail, but I know it has that capability and was easy to set up that way.

Regards,

Brian.