Re: [exim] rewrite subject line not working

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Gary Stothers
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] rewrite subject line not working
On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 11:28 -0400, Gary Stothers wrote:
> I am trying to flag incoming mail as spam (by rewriting the subject
> line) and then forward it on to my mail server. I can't seem to get
> it to work. the mime indicates it is flagged as spam, however, i
> can't seem to get it to change the subject line.
>
> I am using these lines in my local.cf
> rewrite_subject 1
> rewrite_header        Subject ***SPAM***

Those are spamassassin directives. This is an exim list.

I suggest you look at Tim Jackson's HOWTO - see
    http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/exim.php

You don't say anywhere how you are integrating SpamAssassin in, however
I guess you are probably using exiscan (included in Exim 4.50).

If you are using exiscan then SpamAssassin *cannot* modify the body or
the headers of the message. Hence you must make any modifications using
exim ACL declarations, such as:-

    warn  message = Subject: **** SPAM **** $h_Subject
          spam = nobody

    Nigel.