Re: [exim] Re: Multi-line 5xx response (at DATA time)

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Heiko Schlichting
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: Multi-line 5xx response (at DATA time)
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Heiko Schlichting wrote:

> You implemented
>
>     control = no_multiline_response

> for ACLs due to my request. Unfortunately this option truncates much too
> early (75 bytes). It would be more useful to concat the whole respone and
> truncate only if it reaches the 512 bytes limit of RFC 2821.

Ah, yes, of course I did. My excuses for not remembering are (a) a

senior moment and (b) I'm in Maputo. When I implemented it, I did the

easiest possible thing, which was just to drop all but the first line.
The reasoning was that this is a hack for the benefit of VERY broken
systems (multiline reponses have been in the RFCs for over 20 years) and

I did not feel like spending much time on it.