Re: [exim] Configuration to first try direct SMTP and if we …

Autor: Agusti
A: Andrew Nimmo, exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Configuration to first try direct SMTP and if we get permanent error, send message to smarthost
Thank you for pointing to thread, It's exactly the same thing I want... The
problem is that responders didn't solve it in this thread...

Fixed IP address solves some situations but others not. I also have ADSL in
Spain, Telefonica has fixed and dynamically assigned addresses, some time ago
fixed addresses where a problem because spamcop included them in their list,
it seems to me that they have removed those now....

I could try to mantain a list of domains that do not accept mails from ADSL
lines but it's not automatic, we have about 50 machines behind ADSL lines
that could rsync to their discs a file listing some domains I know are
problematic, but I should wait for a problem to add a domains.. a bit ugly...

Another solution I was wondering, is adding a virtual MX register for all
domains so my host on the datacenter is MX preference 1000 for all domains, I
think exim would try all MX registers even if it has got 5xx responses, but
it's also ugly and tricky to fake DNS responses (and I also don't have the
knowledge to fake bind that way), I should be desirable exim to understand
that it should try an smarthost if it has got an permanent error. If my
smarthost also gets an permanent error then this smarthost could return this
message to sender.

Any patch to bind would be greatly appreciated...

A Dimarts 12 Abril 2005 15:30, vàreu escriure: