Re: [exim] reverse dns lookup not functioning?

Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] reverse dns lookup not functioning?
On 13 Apr 2005 at 12:57, Hongyu Zhang wrote about
    "[exim] reverse dns lookup not funct":

| I found some emails without right reverse dns lookup still come
| through into my email box even though I set up exim to do reverse dns
| lookup.

Just doing the lookup doesn't automatically cause messages to be
rejected if the lookup fails.

| Is the reverse dns lookup functioning or not?

Yes. But if you want to use lookup failure as a reason to reject
messages, you will need something either the helo_verify_hosts main
option (not recommended) or an ACL deny stanza to do that. RTFM for
$host_lookup_failed, helo_verify_hosts, helo_try_verify_hosts and
verify=helo.

- Fred