Re: [exim] Is the $primary_hostname automatically local?

Autor: Daniel Watts
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Is the $primary_hostname automatically local?

>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Daniel Watts wrote:
>

>>Thanks tony - so does that mean I *MUST* append the primary_hostname to the
>>local_domains domainlist to receive mail to core accounts such as postmaster,
>>root, abuse etc?
>>

>It depends whether you want to deliver them locally or not :-)

=) point taken.
would it not be sensible to have a default such that, unless specified,
the hostname of the machine *is* local?

What happens if you forget to specify whether the domain is local? What
director will actually pick up an email to the unqualified "root" address?