Re: [exim] changing smtp auth credentials per router?

Autor: Brian Candler
A: jeff sacksteder
CC: Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] changing smtp auth credentials per router?
On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 04:12:31AM +0000, jeff sacksteder wrote:
> I normally route mail via a third party secure relaying service.
> Currently, the credentials used to connect to the server are in the
> authenticator section in a "client_send" line. I'd like to connect
> with differing credentials based on what router handles the message. I
> can't seem to find any documentation indicating that this is possible.

Is that what you *really* want to do, or do you just want to use different
credentials when talking to different target hosts?

If the latter, then what I do is

begin transports

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
hosts_try_auth = *

begin authenticators

fixed_plain:
driver = plaintext
public_name = PLAIN
client_send = ${lookup{$host}lsearch{/usr/local/etc/exim/clientauth}{$value}fail}

and the file /usr/local/etc/exim/clientauth contains entries like

smtp.example.com    ^user^pass

In general, though, any lookup expression can be used for client_send.

Regards,

Brian.