Re: [exim] Any Joe Job advice?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Any Joe Job advice?
Hi !!

>>In any case,
>>anybody publishing -all is telling you exactly this: only accept
>>emails from the listed servers.
>
> They aren't ordering me to do anything.

i don't say so, i said: they are asking you to do something (or in
another way, they are telling you that mails that fail the spf check
should be rejected). Then, you are obvioulsy free to accept that mail
as you are also free to reject mails that pass the spf check, in any
case if you are not using the result for anything useful maybe you
are loosing your time.

> They are suggesting that I do
> something. Since SPF is broken in many ways, I'm not going to follow that
> suggestion (even if it lurks in an RFC as a MUST).

then you'd better don't waste your time doing spf checks at all.

> While broken, SPF remains useful in some ways.

yes, one of the usefult things is that i can tell anybody doing spf
checks to reject mail from some of our commonly forged addresses that
we never use to send mail or from domains that have no email at all

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53