[exim] can't figure out an acl problem

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jeff Lasman
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] can't figure out an acl problem
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong in my rcpt acl and I hope
someone can help me...

I've created a list of fully-qualified hostnames and IP#s of servers I
do want to be able to get email from even if they're in blocklists.

But I can't whitelist one server...

I've verified that the fully-qualified hostname in question is the
canonical name of the server (at least it appears to be based on it's
reverse DNS entry.

I've got the following defined local list:

domainlist whitelist_from = lsearch;/etc/virtual/whitelist_from

and above any of the blocklist sections in the acl, I've got:

# accept email from anyone in the whitelist_from list
  accept domains      = +whitelist_from

but the email is still being blocked:

2005-04-12 08:43:35 H=intm-dl.sparklist.com (lists.isp-lists.com)
[64.62.197.83] F=<bounce-10474019-21386@???> rejected
RCPT

(replace "example" above with "isp-lists"; I didn't want to post a
scrapable address to this list)

The local list has both of these

intm-dl.sparklist.com

and

lists.isp-lists.com

(though I believe that the top one is the one that should be there)

and yet email is still being blocked.

So what am I misunderstanding? Is "accept domains" not correct ? I'm
guessing it's not.

What should domains be searching? The domains part of the from address?

Can anyone help me understand this better than I do?

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation