Re: [exim] Exim + FreeBSD Open Mail Relay

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Chris Meadors
To: Richard Greaney, exim-users
CC:
題目: Re: [exim] Exim + FreeBSD Open Mail Relay
On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 08:49 +1200, Richard Greaney wrote:

> Yes I have followed that from the word go. What I find interesting is
> that the exact same configuration file, when used on Linux, closes the
> mail relay but when used on FreeBSD is an open relay.

I didn't reply to your original message because I really don't know much
about FreeBSD. But since no one else seems to have shed any light, I'll
give it a go.

You said something about tun0. I'm going to guess that is some sort of
tunneled interface? I know using stunnel on Linux can result in all
messages appearing to have come from the local IP address that is being
tunneled to. So the machine thinks the message was generated by a valid
relay from host and relays the message.

Could the same be taking place here? I don't know exactly how to fix
it, especially with Exim3, but you'll have to look at the messages to
see if you can tell the difference between a message that is actually
submitted by a valid relay host, or one that is just tunneling in from
the outside.

--
Chris