Re: [exim] Multi-line 5xx response (at DATA time)

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Multi-line 5xx response (at DATA time)
On 4/10/2005 9:51, "Alan J. Flavell" <a.flavell@???> wrote:

> Just pointing them to a generic web page which explains that we reject
> header syntax errors as determined by the applicable RFCs, wouldn't
> really be of much help to them, in this kind of situation. Which is
> why I'm interested to know if anyone has successfully implemented
> web-based custom rejection notices.

Not really, although I'd be very interested in developing things in that
direction. Right now we only customize two, both of which are related to
the IP of the sending server, eg

550 rejected see http://www.olympus.net/spamhaus/221.238.157.130
550 rejected see http://www.olympus.net/local/64.14.48.172

which lead to functional but ugly forms for requesting exemptions. One of
my pending tasks is to improve the form. I have the misfortune to be the
target of the form-generated email (only a few per week, with none some
weeks, and more when I've recently been too aggressive with our local block
list). (We do the block list in MySQL, and also do the exemptions in MySQL.
The blocks expire...the exemptions don't.)

--John