Re: [exim] Re: FQDN needed in HELO (was: Sender callouts)

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: FQDN needed in HELO (was: Sender callouts)
On 4/9/2005 13:37, "Randy Bush" <randy@???> wrote:

>>> <bzzzzt!>
>> I know that, but it was not material to this test.
>
> sorry, i knew that, which is why i changed the subject:.
>
> btw, a neighbor who has the poor taste to run outlook has the
> above disease, non-fqdn helo/ehlo. anyone know how to fix it
> in outlook?

It's quite difficult except in a shop which runs name service the internal
machines learn their FQDN from.

Same with Outlook Express.

You pretty much have to allow broken HELO/EHLO from your own
customers/users. [Not true if you have an IT department with an iron fist.]

Yet another reason to separate submission from SMTP-from-the-world.

--John