RE: [exim] Maximum number of recipients

Autor: Andrew Johnson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Maximum number of recipients

Thanks...

We were kind of stuck at the mailing list point as the system runs in a load
balanced/resilient configuration where some of the recipients are just
normal recipients, some are static lists, and some are dynamic lists where
we retrieve a query from the directory server and then process that query to
gain the list of recipients. We would have had to create a load balanced
resilient sub platform just for dealing with mailing lists, and also I
couldn't immediately see how to just hive off the mailing list aspects, as
then mailing lists can expand to single users and other mailing lists. It
would have generated a lot of extra new emails and made tracing/audit a
nightmare. There are already 6 email servers purely doing routing in the
platform!
As it is right now, we process a single message and are less concerned about
the length of time it takes to deliver - one process handling all the
recipients for that single message is fine.

Any idea what the memory overheads are per 1000 recipients say ?

-Andy-