Re: [exim] Sender callouts

Autor: Ian FREISLICH
A: Wakko Warner
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Sender callouts
Wakko Warner wrote:
> Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> > So you essentially land up connecting to the remote server and go
> > MAIL FROM:<$sender_addres>
> > RCPT TO:<$sender_addres>
> >
> > There are many sites that reject <> and are not listed on
> > dsn.rfc-ignorant.org. My experience is that these sites correctly
> > verify for some non null sender. If they're so broken that they
> > do callouts for senders that are local and sender callout bomb
> > themselves, well that's somebody elses problem isn't it?
>
> Won't go over too well if the sender's server uses SPF. It's also possible
> the site won't accept the sender if it's a local domain and not
> authenticated.

Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. I haven't seen it fail that way
yet. Still, the callout will fail and their mail won't be accepted
which is no different to the current situation except that the
number of FP callout rejections is reduced. If I can't at least
verify that you would accept mail from me in return, I won't accept
from you. Maybe that's too bloody minded and I'll be subdued by
time and experience.

Ian

--
Ian Freislich