[exim] Problem - SMTP connector in Exchange 2003 sending mai…

Autor: oll
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Problem - SMTP connector in Exchange 2003 sending mail to Exim 4.43
Hi,

Just subscribed to this list to see if any of you guys have ever experienced this problem before?

We have an SMTP connector in our Exchange 2003 org that will route out mail that it does not find a recipient for for a certain domain. Let's call it domain.com

So if no one in our Active Directory has the email address someone@??? it will route that mail out via this connector directly to an Exim mail server. It is running Exim 4.43 (that's what it says when I telnet to it).

Not all mail is getting to it, that is the problem.

Some mails are returned stating:

Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 5.6.1 Body type not supported by Remote Host

This only tends to happen when a mail is forwarded through the connector when recieved by Exchange from certain web mail clients or programs.

I've got a feeling this is a 7BIT/8BIT MIME problem so what I did on the SMTP connector was disable ESMTP (effectively saying HELO instead of EHLO) in the hope it would fix it and convert the mail correctly so that the Exim 4.43 mail server could recieve the mail.

However it still isn't..

Again this is only happening with certain mails. It all depends what format the message is recieved by Exchange it appears.

Anyone ever had this before? Is this a shortfall with Exchange or Exim 4.43? Can it be fixed?

Cheers

oll