Re: [exim] Rewriting the return path?

Author: Matthew Ford
To: Exim-users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] Rewriting the return path?
On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Tony Finch wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Matthew Ford wrote:
> >
> > > Is there something I can put in my filter file to ensure that the
> > > bounces come to me instead (possibly at another subsidiary address)?
> >
> > No, but you can use the errors_to option on the router.
>
> Er, actually, there is also the errors_to option on the "deliver"
> command in the filter? But it is restricted to changing the errors
> address to come back to you.

Thanks -- sorry, I didn't notice this in the documentation! Should I take
any steps to prevent cyclic forwarding of delivery failures, or does Exim
somehow detect when a message is being forwarded to a server from which it
has already bounced?

| Dr. Matthew Ford                                     |
|                              Mail Station 352        |
| D0 Collaboration             Fermilab                |
| (University of Manchester)   P.O. Box 500            |
|                              Batavia, IL 60510-0500  |
| Tel: +1 630-840-8321         U.S.A.                  |