[exim] Catch All mailbox

Author: Martin D Fraser
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Catch All mailbox
Hello.

I really hope you can help. I recently upgraded my mail setup from exim3
to exim4 and now I can't setup a catch all mailbox.

I had this working in 3 with a catch all director. I have looked at the
FAQ and found various net postings about this that suggest adding a new
router after the others using the redirect driver

catch_all:
driver = redirect
data = postmaster # this was a lookup in aliases but I removed it
no_verify

I have multiple local domains and I also added *: postmaster to the
alises file but to no avail.

What is happening now is that when fetchmail collects the mail from one
of my domains (the others are disabled until this is resolved) I
eventually get the message to my user account but the envelope-to is
root@localhost.

The person that sent the message gets an unknown user reply though.

From various net postings this seems quite simple but it has me stumped
and the info I found didn't work.

I've run out of ideas and really need help.

Thanks in advance.