Re: [exim-dev] generalized $acl_verify_message

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tony Finch
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] generalized $acl_verify_message
On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Tony Finch wrote:

> I've done some more testing and concluded that I can't quite get the
> behaviour I want, which is to handle callout failures more gracefully.

I think with the change PH/27 that I made, you now can.

> With my patch you can't add another clause after the "deny" I quoted above
> such as the following, because $acl_verify_message becomes unset between
> the clauses.

With my patch, you can preserve the value in a variable:

   deny
   ! verify         = sender/callout=CALLTIME,defer_ok
     set     acl_m0 = $acl_verify_message
   ! condition      = ${if eq{mail}{$sender_verify_failure} }

   warn
     log_message    = sender verify fail for <$sender_address>: $acl_m0
     condition      = ${if eq{mail}{$sender_verify_failure} }

I therefore propose to do nothing more at the moment on this issue.

Philip