Re: [exim] Sender callouts

Autor: Ian FREISLICH
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Sender callouts
Tony Finch wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Ian FREISLICH wrote:
> >
> > Well, it seems after checking that this is impossible to do. You
> > cannot set the MAIL FROM for verify=sender/callout which is a bummer.
>
> Have you thought about callout loops?

Yes, I have which is why my patch in the next message lets you only do

verify=sender/callout=use_sender

So you essentially land up connecting to the remote server and go
MAIL FROM:<$sender_addres>
RCPT TO:<$sender_addres>

There are many sites that reject <> and are not listed on
dsn.rfc-ignorant.org. My experience is that these sites correctly
verify for some non null sender. If they're so broken that they
do callouts for senders that are local and sender callout bomb
themselves, well that's somebody elses problem isn't it?

Ian

--
Ian Freislich