[exim] Rewriting the return path?

Author: Matthew Ford
To: Exim-users
CC:
Subject: [exim] Rewriting the return path?
I have a question about mail forwarding via the "deliver" command in an
Exim filter file. I have one central email address, to which all my
incoming mail is sent, and I have an Exim filter file which distributes
the mail to one of several subsidiary accounts. However, sometimes one of
my subsidiary accounts fails (e.g. the remote server cannot be contacted,
or I have exceeded my quota). In this case, the message is bounced
directly back to the original sender (the "Return-path", presumably), and
I only discover the problem when sombody complains that they are receiving
mail delivery failures from a weird address. Is there something I can put
in my filter file to ensure that the bounces come to me instead (possibly
at another subsidiary address)?

thanks,
Matthew.