Re: [exim] Per-User Whitelisting

Author: Miles Wilton
To: Alun
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Per-User Whitelisting
>resulting action is taken per-recipient), but I don't like the fact that we
>have to drop messages silently because we've accepted them and the user has
>chosen not to receive them. SMTP time rejection would make me feel a lot

Yep, seems like a good system, although I think (personally) I prefer the SMTP
time scanning still.

With regards to "silently" dropping messages, can you not send a rejection message?

That's what I did with messages accepted because one of the recipients had
whitelisted while the message turned out to be spam. Using this router entry:

# Reject SPAM messages if they have been accepted for recipient whitelists,
# but the current recipient has not whitelisted them...
m_SPAM:
driver = redirect
address_test = false
verify = false
condition = ${if and { spam & recipeint not whitelisted }}
more = false
allow_fail = true
data = :fail: My reject message

Which seems (so far) to be doing the job.

Miles.