Re: [exim-dev] Re: [exim] Bug in duplicate detection?

Author: Miles Wilton
To: exim-dev
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Re: [exim] Bug in duplicate detection?
>However, if it is bob's alice-2 that is retained, once it is redirected
>to alice-1, Exim discards it as a duplicate (because alice-1 has been
>handled in a different ancestor chain). Thus, in this case, no delivery
>at all occurs because all the addresses have been discarded.

I might be missing something but...

A short-term "fix" to stop exim disposing of messages like that might
be to ignore the ancestry of dropped duplicate addresses. This would
surely work with most configurations?

Only problem left, as you say, would be routers that are dependant on
the routing history (which it seems to me to be a rather hideous thing to
conceive anyway) or on the orginal recpient (a more likely case).

Miles.