Re: [exim] ACL trouble with hostlist

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Chris Hills
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] ACL trouble with hostlist
On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 14:03 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 13:17 +0100, Chris Hills wrote:
> > What is it so blindingly obvious that I am missing?
>
> Tests are done in the order they are specified and short circuit

This is true...
> (ie if
> you get a fail from a test it will not run the rest), so you should test
> for hosts before doing a dnslist test:-

However in this case its completely irrelevant to the result, although
it would be better to specify things the other way round - ie as given
below, because that avoids an extra DNS lookup set. [I was thinking in
terms of the spamassassin acls where you *really* want to avoid unused
tests]

> deny     message      = Message rejected because ...
>           hosts        = !+relay_from_hosts
>           dnslists     = dnsbl.sorbs.net : sbl.spamhaus.org

Time to put my brain back in gear :-(

    Nigel.