Re: [exim] Mark messages as read

Góra strony
Autor: Marilyn Davis
Dla: Marc Sherman
CC: exim-users, Michael F. Sprague
Temat: Re: [exim] Mark messages as read
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Marilyn Davis wrote:
> >
> > It is easy for maildir:
> >
> > maildir_tag = whatever_you_want_on_the_end_of_the_filename
> >
> > in the transport will do it.
>
> I'm actually not sure that will work; I neglected to mention that the
> :2,info part only exists on messages in the cur subdirectory, but Exim
> always delivers into new. We'd need an additional flag to tell exim to
> deliver into cur, instead.

Good thought. I know one thing.

We add some stuff via the maildir_tag option and it gets copied tmp ->
new -> cur. Our stuff is not part of the flags and it gets wiped out
when the mail is moved to a new folder. We use Courier.

I altered Courier so that it is kept. Dangerous, I know. But I think
it's ok. Time will tell.

But, yeh. I'm not sure what'll happen if we set flags with
maildir_tag instead of adding independent stuff before the flags.

An experiment would tell but I'm not up for it right now.

> (I really don't understand the purpose of the new directory in maildir;
> since multiple MUAs can access the maildir folder, they need to scan cur
> for new messages anyway, since a different MUA might have moved a
> message from new to cur. Can anyone shed some light on this admittedly
> off-topic topic?)

I don't know. Good question. I guess that those are the messages
that no one has seen yet. Why it is done that way instead of using
the flag mechanism, I don't know.

> > I guess you just add the header you need for mbox.
>
> Yeah, "headers_add Status: RO" would certainly do the job for mbox delivery.

headers_add = Status: RO

in the transport.

Marilyn