Re: [exim] Mark messages as read

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Sherman
Para: Marilyn Davis
CC: exim-users, Michael F. Sprague
Asunto: Re: [exim] Mark messages as read
Marilyn Davis wrote:

> It is easy for maildir:
>
> maildir_tag = whatever_you_want_on_the_end_of_the_filename
>
> in the transport will do it.

I'm actually not sure that will work; I neglected to mention that the
:2,info part only exists on messages in the cur subdirectory, but Exim
always delivers into new. We'd need an additional flag to tell exim to
deliver into cur, instead.

(I really don't understand the purpose of the new directory in maildir;
since multiple MUAs can access the maildir folder, they need to scan cur
for new messages anyway, since a different MUA might have moved a
message from new to cur. Can anyone shed some light on this admittedly
off-topic topic?)

> I guess you just add the header you need for mbox.

Yeah, "headers_add Status: RO" would certainly do the job for mbox delivery.

- Marc