Re: [exim-dev] Radiusclient

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Pete Carah
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Radiusclient
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Pete Carah wrote:

> Exim no longer builds with 0.4.7 of radiusclient; they added what
> appears to be a re-entrancy feature, the rc_handle. This is trivial
> to fix...
> There is another difference that I don't know the reason for - there is
> an extra integer (I used 0) at the end of rc_avpair_add.

This work item hit the top of my list. I notice that the radiusclient
header file does not have a definition of the version number. Therefore,
it is impossible to detect automatically which version is in use. My
Linux distribution (Gentoo) is still on 0.3.2 - no doubt because of the
API change - so I cannot make an unconditional change to the Exim source
code as I suspect pre-0.4 versions are probably still in use at some
sites. What I have done is to define a new value for RADIUS_LIB_TYPE. If
you set

RADIUS_LIB_TYPE=RADIUSCLIENTNEW

in your Local/Makefile, Exim builds using the new API. At least, I hope
it does. I have not been able to test this myself. I have put a new
snapshot of the Exim code in

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-snapshot.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-snapshot.tar.gz.sig

and I'd be grateful if you (or anybody running 0.4.x of radiusclient)
could check it out.

I notice, incidentally, that 0.5.0 of radiusclient is available. I hope
they have not changed the API again.

Philip