Re: [exim] skipping log, host based.

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Christiaan den Besten
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] skipping log, host based.
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Christiaan den Besten wrote:

> We have a loadbalancer in our network which checks if our mx'es are alive
> every 10s. But these 'checks' generate a 'SMTP protocol error'. Disabling of
> 'smtp prolocol errors' globaly is no option for statistical reasons.
>
> Is there any way to skip logging for 'these hosts' (the balancer) ?

If it's a synchronization error, you can do this:

Write an acl_smtp_connect ACL. In this acl, check for your hosts and
then use control = no_enforce_sync. This assumes you are running at
least release 4.43.

For other protocol errors, you are stuck.

<grumble>
You'd think that anybody writing a check to see if an SMTP server was
alive could get the protocol right. It's easy enough. Connect, wait for
banner output, send QUIT, disconnect.
</grumble>