[exim] mx lookup before local check?

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] mx lookup before local check?
Some of our clients are in the webhosting business.

They'd like me to setup exim.conf for them so that exim would do an MX
lookup and send rather than first check and send locally.

Why?

Because new clients often use control panel automation to set up a
delivery address that's hosted on the domain they're setting up. So
they don't get the login information.

I know how to do it.

What I'm asking is for real world performance or other issues I may run
into.

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation