Re: [exim] Heads up?

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Heads up?
On 24 Mar 2005 at 17:20, Marilyn Davis wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Heads up?":

| On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Marilyn Davis wrote:
|
| > 2005-03-24 14:17:28 1DEadm-0004XA-Vj => mike@??? R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=ext-mx02.hisplace.com [66.134.75.55]
| > 2005-03-24 14:17:28 1DEadm-0004XA-Vj Completed
| >
| > ----
| >
| > So now I'm wondering, how is this collateral spam from an error better
| > than the collateral spam from a challenge?

You're looking at a server log entry, not a bounce message.

| I mean. Errors give collateral spam too, even when they are generated
| at smtp time.

Only if the offending message was offered by a relay MTA, then it
will generate a DSN that could be collateral spam. But that would be
its fault for accepting the message for relay in the first place, not
your's for rejecting an unwanted message.

| And, putting the challenge on the smtp connection doesn't help
| anything afterall.

It helps with collateral spam. But that doesn't make it a good thing
to do...

- Fred