Re: [exim] Heads up?

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Heads up?
On 23 Mar 2005 at 14:39, Marilyn Davis wrote about
    "Re: [exim] Heads up?":

| I'm talking hypothetically here, trying to wrap my mind around the
| possibilities.
|
| *If* the challenge was sent back at smtp time in the acl_smtp_data,
| wouldn't that be an improvement?

Are you talking about doing a 5xx rejection, with the "challenge" in
the response code text, rather than sending an email? That's a
different story. No, your hypothetical C/R system would not be
directly responsible for collateral spam in that case since you're
not sending messages at all (bounces generated by relay MTAs are not
your problem, IMHO).

But it wouldn't be a usable C/R system. In practice, many legitimate
senders wouldn't see and/or understand the text of your reject
message.

- Fred