RE: [exim] Heads up?

Autor: Marilyn Davis
A: David Brodbeck
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Heads up?
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, David Brodbeck wrote:

> [...]

Yes.

I suppose you can add a statement, "If you can't read this, please
call xxx."

Or there could be a careful registry of email users who are blind.

> - They still aren't fool-proof. I recall hearing recently about an incident
> where, to avoid a "type in this word" style block on creating new email
> accounts, spammers were automatically grabbing the images, asking people to
> type in the word to get access to porn sites, then automatically setting up
> email accounts using the results. I have to hand it to the guy who thought
> that one up.

Yeh. Brilliant!

But still. That is feasible for setting up an email account, but not
for getting an individual email through. Or maybe it is -- if the
number of logins into porn sites approaches the number of spams mails.

I don't know.

I think it's worth thinking about.

Marilyn